This Weekend: Mardi Growl | Community Spirit
SATURDAY, MARCH 2, 2013
11 AM - 2 PM
Rain or Shine!
Proceeds to benefit Young-Williams Animal Center!
Put your best foot and your best friend's best paw forward to march in the 6th Annual Mardi Growl Parade and Festival, hosted by Friends of Young-Williams Animal Center and the City of Knoxville.
- Early Registration is $15 per pet and ends on Feb. 22, 2013. Registration cost from Feb. 23-March 2 is $20.
- Online Registration Form - click here to register and pay online
- Printed Registration Form - click here to download registration form to print and mail
- Day-of-Event Registration cost is $20 per pet
- Goody bag for the first 1,000 people who register
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Day-of-Event Registration begins at 9 a.m.
- Day-of-Event Registration Cost is $20 per pet
Sixth Annual Costume Parade for Dogs
- PARADE BEGINS at the PetSafe Downtown Dog Park on the corner of Summit Hill Drive & Central Ave., continues through the Old City to Jackson Ave., then to Gay St., then to Clinch Ave., then to Market St. and then to Union Ave. PARADE ENDS at Market Square.
12 NOON to 2 PM
Festivities on Market Square
- Parade Prizes for Best Costume, Best Naked Dog, Dog/Owner Look Alike, Best Vol Spirit, Most Congenial
- $10 Microchips and Rabies Vaccinations
- Pet-Related Product Vendors
Parking is free in the City's Market Square, State Street and Locust Street garages, and on meters, from 6 p.m. weekdays and all day on weekends - except for specific special events.
Click here to view downtown parking map in PDF format.
For more information contact Amy Johnston at 215-6668 or email@example.com visit the Young-Williams Animal Center website at www.young-williams.org.