East Tenn wakes up to some snow, a little black ice | Environment
Update 8:43 a.m.
Snow and ice covered mainly secondary roads Friday morning. Crews had worked into the night covering main roads and highways with salt.
The following is a list of East Tennessee and southern Kentucky counties with respective road conditions. This list will be updated throughout the morning.
Here is an up-to-date list as of 8:36 a.m. courtesy TDOT:
- Sullivan: roads in good shape, most roads are drying
- Washington: roads in good shape, most roads are dry
- Unicoi: roads pretty good shape and starting to dry in places, roads are being treated in places
- Greene: clearing, roads dry or drying, light accumulations in higher elevations, all roads treated
- Hamblen: clearing, roads dry, all roads treated
- Hawkins: roads are dry or drying, some accumulation in higher elevations,
- all roads treated, few shading spots may be slick
- Hancock: roads are dry or drying, some accumulation in higher elevations on pavement, particularly on north side of Sneedville, all roads treated, few shading spots may be slick
- Interstate I-81 good shape
- Interstate I-26 Unicoi County snow in a few spots traffic moving good
- Cocke: flurries roads have been treated, Higher elevation getting light snow,
- , Treating I-40 ramps
- Grainger: flurries, roads wet, icy spots on bridges and overpasses
- Jefferson: flurries, roads wet, treating icy spots.
- Knox: clear ,crews are out
- Interstates: I-140, I-75,I-40,I-640,I-275, traffic moving. Use Caution on bridges and overpasses
- Sevier: Snowing , roads are being treated.
- Union: flurries, roads clear, crews on standby
- Anderson: , roads clear , crews on stand by
- Roane: roads slick in few spots, but crews are out treating roadways as needed
- Morgan: No precipitation, roads damp but have been treated, crews on standby to treat any slick spots
- Monroe: No precipitation, crews headed to clear SR 165 to NC line, other SR's clear at this time
- Loudon: No precipitation, roads are drying and crews are on standby to treat any slick spots
- Blount: No precipitation, roads are wet but drying, crews are headed to SR 115 (US 129) to clear the Mountain to the NC line
- Campbell County-I-75 Flurries, icy spots
- State routes- Flurries, icy spots
- Claiborne County-Flurries, icy spots
- Scott County-Road drying, still icy spots